Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Here are a few to share:
Lydia likes to try to say her "A, B, Sneeze..."
Brian has a tattoo of the word "Dominical" across his shoulders. It means, "...associating Jesus as Lord, or belonging to God" (Not to be confused with Dominical, Costa Rica, though it does look beautiful). Anyhow, that is not the point of the story. The other day Brian had his shirt off and Lucas was rubbing his back (how sweet!) and he exclaimed, "Daddy! You have the alphabet on your back!"
Lastly, Lucas will someday disown me for sharing this, but I thought is was hilarious! A few weeks ago Lucas was using the bathroom and he would start to pee and then stop. He continued to do this. I found this little game rather annoying until he proudly proclaimed, "I'm making music!" Hmm, maybe we should invest some money in a few more musical instruments. The drums and the harmonica don't seem to be satisfying this young man's musical curiosity!
So there you have it... out of the mouth's of babes!
Monday, February 23, 2009
- You’re not afraid to chase after your dream so that one day I can chase after mine.
- You loved me through postpartum depression, a root of bitterness and many other moody moments.
- You encourage me to express my thoughts. I can share anything with you.
- You make me laugh. You’re not afraid to be silly.
- You’re a great dad to our precious children! Thanks for all the help with the kids and for being a living jungle gym.
- You’re creating a beautiful home for us to live in. I truly appreciate this labor of love. (I cannot wait to hide-away there with just the four of us.)
- You still like the way I look even though there are things I would love to change about this post-baby body.
- You have the most friends of anyone I know. You care greatly about others.
- You have a heart of service.
- I am blessed to have you as my husband!
I love you so much! Happy Anniversary!
Friday, February 20, 2009
This has been a week of unsettling news and frustrating events. Multiple things have come to a head in the past week. My heart is heavy for those in my life who are facing difficult times. And my first instinct is to worry. I must continually remind myself God is faithful and loving... and He is worthy of my trust! I may not understand what He has in store for us, but we do have this promise:
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.
The LORD is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all he has made.
and lifts up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
16 You open your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and loving toward all he has made.
18 The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I am proud to announce that my sister, Jenn, will be a contributing writer of At The Well... In Pursuit of Titus 2. I am excited to see what these wonderful women will be sharing. I certainly need encouragement to stay on course to be the woman God has called me to be. To celebrate their launch they are having a fun giveaway that includes:
donated by Doodlebug Designs
A custom blog card (or mom card, if you don’t blog) design, valued at $30. You’ll receive a high quality .jpg, .png or .pdf file – you can do the printing yourself or have them printed online or locally – the options are endless. Print only as many as you need!
The file is yours to keep.
donated by Simply Amusing Designs
"Fill 'Em Up!" ... a "cookbook" for parents to use with kids which includes a devotional/Bible study that goes along with each recipe.
donated by Heavenly Homakers
A signed copy of the book "The Devil in Your Garden"
donated by Natalie Witcher from I AM (not)
A digital scapbook dowload package
donated by The Digital Scrapbook Place
A $25 Starbucks gift certificate
donated by At the Well