Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Baby Shower!!!

I was beyond pleased to be able to throw a baby shower for Brian's sister (and my SIL), Katie, this last weekend. I had so much fun dreaming and planning for the big event. I wouldn't have been able to pull if off without the help of Mom1 and Mom2 (Katie's mom and MIL), so a BIG thanks to them!!!
The Momma of Honor: She's beautiful even with food in her mouth! (Sorry, Katie, it's the only
pic that turned out! You still look super cute!)

The feast: Specialty crackers and soft cheeses, Pecan Crunch trail mix,
fresh fruit and mini quiches.

I loved how the napkin rings turned out. You can't really see, but each one had a little
cardstock square with an inspirational word on it.

A close up of the Pecan Crunch trail mix. This recipe is hard to leave alone!
(I will post the recipe in a few days. It's great for the holidays!)

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan-Gingersnap Crust and Sweet Cream.
You will not be disappointed with this recipe!

I had an absolute blast making these plush toys for Mr. C.
I used them as my shower decorations:

mini quilt: Amy Butler fabric backed with white Minky (pattern by moi').
plush ball: Purl Bee blog
plush blocks: P.S. I Love You quilt book.
plush scottie dog: Allsorts blog (archive: May 2006)

Momma cherishing her little man!

It was an honor to celebrate my new nephew, Mr. C! He has such a neat story behind his life already, but for the World Wide Web it shall remain quiet for now. I love that little guy so much! Such a sweet, special gift from God! We had a great time celebrating!

5 comments:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Looks beautiful! Wish we could have been there! We can't wait to meet him!

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Great job! You are so creative! I'm sure Katie really enjoyed it.

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

How awesome that they have been able to adopt already! I am so happy for them. Please pass along my congratulations. Beautiful party too.

LanieChuang said...

I love the toys you made~

KT said...

loved it!!!