Sunday, June 6, 2010

School's Out! School's Out!


Last Thursday was Lucas' last day of school. I wanted to do something special to show his teachers and therapists my appreciation. I found this tutorial and thought this was the perfect idea. The notebooks are small (about 5.5H x 4.5 W), but thick and would fit perfectly in a purse for grocery lists, quick notes or to keep a little one preoccupied. And as a bonus, she shows you how to make a matching pen!

I would recommend this little project to anyone who likes to sew. I made these in one day, sewing and cutting here and there. I can see making more of these in the future!

My favorite is the on the bottom right. Which one do you like best?

7 comments:

jenny said...

You are so talented! Love these! And I'm sure Lucas's teachers loved them too. You are a crafty genius! Can't wait to see you tomorrow night!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

These are so, so cute! I love them all! We are really excited for summer - so glad we live just around the corner :)!

Amber said...

LOVE these marisa!!! awesome job! i think anyone would be happy with that gift. you always make me want to break out my machine. :)

april said...

Love the notebooks and glad you enjoyed the tutorial. I think that my favorite is the same as yours, although I do love the red one too.

Also, I was inspired by your profile message about yourself. I copied some of it to remind myself what you said. I need to remember more to be grateful for my life; the good and the bad. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

Love the two bottom ones! What a cute idea!

Amy said...

Love the red one...can I buy one from you? I like to think I like to sew, but never do! I seriously want to buy one. BTW - you asked me Sunday if my kids were arguing and I said, "No". Well, Carys is driving Broderick crazy this week...I guess I spoke to soon.

Janet said...

I like the red one. The teachers are so lucky to have you as a parent. Have a great summer!