Friday, July 30, 2010

Fostering Creativity

Recently I've been enjoying "The Creative Family" by Amanda Blake Soule and it has encouraged me to work towards fostering creativity in Lucas and Lydia. My own creative juices flow freely for projects for myself, but I tend to struggle with being creative with my kids. This book has been so helpful!

Recently, they found a beautiful, yellow, fuzzy caterpillar. They were so enthralled with him I couldn't take him away. Unfortunately a few hours later we found him lifeless.... so sad! They kept talking about this little guy, so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to capture it in a story. I illustrated and they told me what I should write. I thought their thoughts were cute so I wanted to share their first-ever story.







4 comments:

Amber said...

oh my word this is adorable! what a great idea!

Unknown said...

AWWWW! So cute!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

LOVE "The Creative Family!" LOVE what it's inspiring you guys to do. Such a cute little story and what a fun memory you've created.

jenny said...

What a great idea and I have to say....you are quite the artist! :) What adorable illustrations! May have to get myself a copy of "The Creative Family".