Thursday, November 10, 2011

Five


On Sunday, Lydia turned five. Oh my! How time just scoots along.
We had a simple family celebration earlier in the day and then with our house church
family in the evening.


Upon waking, she donned the purple crown I made her last year and did not remove it until bedtime. She requested spaghetti for dinner and a chocolate cake with light purple frosting. Overall, I would say her day was a success!

Our sweet babysitter, M, brought Lydia an Aurora Princess Baby.
She's in love.

Some of your favorite things:

Color- purple
Food- spaghetti, oatmeal and french fries
Activity- swinging, twirling, racing your "car" down the driveway
Theme- princesses, fairies


Lydia,

My precious daughter.
You are a great blessing and it is an honor to be your mom. It's been a joy to watch you grow the past five years. My heart melts at your tenderheartedness, yet you have spunk! I love your silly moments... and there are many. You are my sweet girl and I am so thankful you were chosen by Him to be a part of our family. I pray that He will enable me to be a mom who will show you what it is to love Jesus and to love others.

yours forever,

momma

5 comments:

John and Katie said...

Such a sweet girl! Love you guys!

jenny said...

Happy birthday, Lydia!! She is too cute in that crown! Glad she had a special day!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh she is such a sweetie :). So glad she had a great birthday, she was SO excited!!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

So fun! I can't believe she's 5 either. I still remember visiting you in the hospital while we were preventing her from coming. Such a sweet gilr.

Unknown said...

I think I win the award for ditziest aunt in the world. So sorry her birthday alluded me! I be giving her a call soon.