Wednesday, March 12, 2008

So Last Year!

Yes, it's true...I've finally done it. I've started a blog. My thinking has been that blogs were for others to write and for me to read. But my friends and family started encouraging me to start my own. I thought, "What in the world do I have to blog about!", but then the ideas began to come. I realized I don't have to be profound, humorous, well-versed in English (what is a present participle anyway?) or ....perfect. Even if I only add 4 entries a month, those entries might allow my friends and fellow readers to learn something about me that they otherwise wouldn't.

The other night my husband was having a friendly card game at our home and one of the younger guys playing (maybe early 20's) saw me looking at my friends blogs and setting up my own. He shared with me that blogs are "so last year!" I was so tempted to say, "Look buddy, I'm almost 33 years old. I'm not worried about being cool anymore!", but I didn't. I just smiled and said something corny about "respecting the blog". Someday he'll understand.

1 comment:

Amber said...

yay! i'm so glad you're doing this :)