Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Reflections

Today I was reading from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. I had missed a few days surrounding Ethan's birth and today I read the following excerpt from the day Ethan was born. I feel like it perfectly describes the beginning of what we experienced as a family in 2010 and even as we journey into 2011. I see and feel my Father working and molding...

"My plan for your life is unfolding before you. Sometimes the road you are traveling seems blocked, or it opens up so painfully slowly that you must hold yourself back. Then, when the time is right, the way before you suddenly clears--through no effort of your own. What you have longed for and worked for I present to you freely, as pure gift. You feel awed by the ease in which I operate in the world, and you glimpse My Power and My Glory.
Do not fear your weakness, for it is the stage on which My Power and Glory perform most brilliantly. As you persevere along the path I have prepared for you, depending on My strength to sustain you, expect to see miracles--and you will. Miracles are not always visible to the naked eye, but those who live by faith can see them clearly. Living by faith, rather than by sight,
enables you to see my Glory" -Sarah Young

I hope you had a great time reflecting on 2010 and are enjoying the first day of the New Year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! It is so true...Lord help us to remember the times when we feel so weak you are strong. In our weakness you can use us, if we only open our hearts and minds.

jenny said...

What a timely word from the Lord. Love how much that reflects God's faithfulness in Ethan's birth after a year of ups and downs waiting for another baby. "Jesus Calling" is so rich in Truth. Love that book! Happy new year!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

What a beautiful family and beautiful words! Thank you for sharing.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

This is SO true, what beautiful words. I love that picture, what a blessing they all are! Looking forward to being with you all tonight!