Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Can It Be True?

It looks as though a nearly life-long dream of mine is coming true.  Yes...I'm quitting my job to be home full time with our kids.  I almost feel as though I dare not speak of it!  My itch to be home came on strong after I had Lucas and I've been hoping and praying for nearly 3 years to be able to fulfill this dream.  After much prayer it is finally coming to pass!  I know it won't always be roses and sunshine, but I feel this is where God has called me to be at this season of my life!

Brian and I are going to have to make some sacrifices- give up some things we enjoy.  I'm ready to do it...not that it won't be hard.  No more impulse buys from Jo-Ann Fabrics.  Far fewer coffee stops to Caribou or Starbucks- a way I tend to pamper myself.  Not that I go overboard with these things, but enough to make a difference.  I'm also grateful to Brian for giving up some things so that this can be possible for me.  I don't know if he fully understands what a wonderful gift he has given me!   

I can't wait to get started being a full time mom!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reese, I am so happy for you! Yes, there will be days you will want to run and hide! But, it is so worth the relationship you will have with your children. Give Brian a great big hug from me!