Sunday, April 27, 2008

Transparency

Ok, how about a little transparency.... I'm having a somewhat melancholy day.   The past few days have been rather difficult for Lucas.  He seems to be more highly frustrated than normal.  Maybe that is why I am more sensitive today.  I hate to see him struggle.   I would give anything to be able to have a conversation with him, but our days are filled with simple, short requests ( or sometimes loud demands)- no stories, no silly sayings, no inquisitive questions.  Brian and I are worried we will never have this wonderful type of interaction with him.  I'm sure in time we will.  It just feels like we won't.  I am praying for patience and the discipline to not compare him to other kiddos his age.  Yet, I feel this knot in my stomach and an ache in my heart.

I need to remind myself.  We are blessed!  At least he is affectionate, loves hugs and kisses and tells me almost everyday now, "Ah- you, momma"- which means I love you.  In fact, his favorite way to stall for bedtime is to beg to "snuggo".  What a smart kid!  It's hard to say no to that!  There's nothing better than having a soft, warm little one wrapped up in your arms! 

See, I'm starting to feel better already!  I think I'll go find someone to snuggle!

1 comment:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Hope today was a better day!