Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Which Item Doesn't Belong?


All I can say is watch out for poison ivy!!! This is my "relief" after a high dose shot of Solu-Medrol at the doctors office and one 15mg dose of Prednisone. It actually looks better than it did about 8 hours ago, so there is hope in sight.

It was an eventful visit to the doctor. What was meant to be a regular appointment turned into nearly 2 1/2 hours. For some strange reason I nearly fainted about 5 minutes after my shot. My injection site started throbbing like someone had just punched me really hard (my poor butt!) and my face was itching like CRAZY! I think it was a combination of those two things and a stressful weekend that my body just couldn't compensate. They initially thought I was having a reaction to the Solu-Medrol, but after the doctor checked me out to make sure I was okay he said he had given me a "jump-start" dose and thinks maybe it was a little shock to my system. (Side note: He is such a sweet and genuine man. He put a cool cloth on my head, brought me something to drink, came in repeatedly to check on me... I feel so lucky to have such a fantastic family doc!) And bless my mother-in-law for watching the kids in the waiting room for me. I'm sure that's not how she wanted to spend her afternoon, but she never complained. And she invited us over for dinner!

Then off to Kroger to fill my prescription and I just had to start laughing about the way people would just stop and stare at me- especially men. It must be that whole blood, guts and gore attraction. I mean, I understand... I looked pretty horrific! I'm looking forward to getting back to my ordinary self! So now I am consoling myself with some cheesecake leftover from last night's fabulous girls night out at the Cheesecake Factory! MMM!!!

6 comments:

Amber said...

wow, it really changed in just a few hours! it wasn't that bad at all last night! i'm glad you are getting a little relief and i hope it clears up FAST. oh girl, i will be praying for you, i know it's been a crazy week for you. PLEASE call me if you need anything at all...seriously!
(i got the dress material at walmart! it is like $7.50 or something for a yard, and i think i got 1/3 of a yard plus ribbon for the ties.)

Unknown said...

Oh Reese! You poor thing! That's what I looked like when I got poison ivy on my face too. Hope you feel better soon. Love Ya!

And by the way- that was a super cute dress that Amber made. HINT HINT LOL!!!!!

Brandy said...

At least relief is on the way! I will be praying for you! I got poison ivy about a month ago while weeding around my flower beds. It's always something!

jenny said...

Oh you poor thing. It truly is always something. I am praying that you get some relief soon and that the swelling goes down. I second Amber too, if you need help with anything please give me a call or shoot me an e-mail.

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

What a brave and humble woman to be able to show off your "wounds"! I am impressed and sad for you! Enjoy your cheesecake!

Superhero Mom said...

I would love to see an updated picture now. How long did it take to go down? By the way your comment blessed me. Nellie is very dear to my heart.