Friday, May 22, 2009

Busy, Busy!

My posting has gone by the wayside lately. Last weekend the kids and I visited my parents out of state and then I worked Monday and Tuesday. Since then I've been playing catch-up. This list may be boring, but seeing a list of my accomplishments is so encouraging to me! So far I've:

  • Tidied up the main living area and all the regular everyday chores.
  • Grocery shopping. I'm loving the challenge of clipping coupons and matching them to sale prices to see how much money I can save. It's fun! Last week I got mayo/Miracle Whip for free and this week I got Kraft dressing for pennies and BBQ sauce for free. Excellent!
  • Planted a few a flowers.
  • Birthday shopping for my soon-to-be 4yr old.
  • Mopped the kitchen and bathrooms.
  • Thinned out and weeded one of my larger flower beds. (lots of flower pics to come.)
  • Roasted red bell peppers (it was easier than I thought it would be) for this great recipe. So refreshing and yummy!
  • Met a friend to pick out fabric for her baby's bed skirt and bumper. She want to hire ME to make them for her. I'm really excited to see how they turn out! I'll post a pic soon of the travel quilt I made for her shower. The quilt inspired the color them for the baby's room so she's going to use it in his room instead.
  • Pulled the carseats out of the car and washed the covers. I finally found where the pee smell in the car was coming from. Gross!
  • Made rice milk concentrate for the kids. Bless this woman who figured out such a great recipe! It has definitely been cheaper than store bought. We go through 11 cups of concentrate every week!
Today is a full day too! Hopefully, I get a chance to socialize with some girlfriends soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been busy!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

I have made that RR recipe before and really liked it as I recall! Just made myself some cold-pressed coffee for all this warm weather. You'll have to come over and have a glass soon!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Wow! Hope you get some time to relax this weekend!!

Kate said...

You have been busy, woman! Thanks for reminding me about that RR salad. I made it last summer and we enjoyed it and will have to put it in rotation again soon.

Karen Joy said...

Hey, thanks for the blessings. :) I'm glad the recipe is working well for you.

I'm sewing stuff for a friend's baby's room, too! I'll be starting this weekend... earlier, if I can get it squeezed in. Makes me happy to have a meaningful sewing project in the works.