Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's a Mystery

Several weekends ago I attended a mystery quilt weekend with the local quilt group to which I belong. It's a fun group of women from all ages and stage of life, but the one thing we all have in common is we LOVE to play with fabric.

We were given the fabric requirements and were told to pick out 8 fat quarters from 2 contrasting color-ways. You can't get more contrasting than orange and green. One of my quilting friends told me it looked like a pile of sherbet. I like that idea!

Some of the women are sewing whizzes and had their quilt complete. Not me. There were a lot of points and intersections to line up, so that slows me down a lot. So, here I am 3 weeks later with a pile of cheerful, vibrant fabric waiting to be assembled. It will get done eventually. Seriously, it happens in micro-moments. Fifteen minutes here, 10 minutes there. But I love the process. It's my escape. I love seeing the beauty unfold.

I hope in the near future you will catch another glimpse of this quilt. And I hope this time it will be done!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing it all put together.

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Way to persevere! It's tough to find time for things like that with little ones!